baby ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 22, 2008



Ok, so I am a little upset with Mother Nature again! Here it is May 22, and it's snowing in the mountains. I mean come on! Tuesday is was 93*, beautiful with a breeze, then yesterday it drops to 54* with rain and cold winds. We went straight form winter to Summer and back again, no spring for us this year. I know I am in Utah amd the weather can change on a dime, but I was not expecting snow at the end of May! I am so ready for Summer to come and stay! I want to play softball and not be wearing three layers of clothes to keep from freezing. I want to coach my last few softball games and not be wearing three layers to keep from freezing! I'm cold!!!

On a lighter note my softball team came from behind on Saturday to win our game 10 to 9. It was an awesome game, that went perfect!! We took a 5 gallon jug of ice water because it wasa going to be hot, and we wanted the girls to keep hydrated. After the game some of the girls wanted to pour it over Steve since he is in class weeknights now and will miss the rest of the season. I figured since I had to drive home with him, maybe it wasn't a good idea, BUT... They could throw a couple of cups of water on him if they wanted to. So we took our team picture, then they attacked. We have some jokesters on our team, and they took charge. It really was fun. I am kind of sad that our season is almost over, I have actually enjoyed coaching this year. Hopefully the girls feel like they've learned something from me.


Now Cammi is still playing Soccer. She plays half the season in the fall then finishes it out in the spring. She has had a goal to kick the most goals this spring. See the coach told the girls that he would take the highest goal scorer out for ice cream. So she put her mind to it. She loves playing forward, and she has an awesome boot. So far with one game left this spring she has scored 6 goals. Impressive. She scored 3 goals in one game. It has been a lot of fun, they pick teams by neighborhood and schools, so she gets to play with two girls from our ward, and most from school. It's been a lot of fun, especially since it's warmed up a little on the weekends.

2 comments:

Lisa Miller said...

I didn't remember that you were coaching. That's great. Our weather is wacky here too. It was over 100 degrees for a few days and then yesterday was in the 70's. It's nice again today. The heat will come back soon enough I'm sure.
By the way, I love your new layout.

Lisa Miller said...

Congrats to Cammi. I hope she wins the ice cream.