baby ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 01, 2008



TAXI ANYONE?




It's been a few weeks since I last added anything to our blog. It's been busy as usual. Lately though I feel like I have been living in my car. I get home with enough time to grab a bite to eat, make a bathroom run, and then it seems like I am on my way out again! Work has been steady, and with Cammi's soccer games and practices, it feels like I am going non stop. Now add to that... Kaylie is off track so i am keeping her busy too. She is pretty good at keeping quiet when I am working but she always wants to go out to play, and will bug and bug until I say yea or nay.




I have taken on a new project here at home. Our little stream and pond in front has been choking on roots from the cattails and reeds that are growing. So last week I got a little bug in my britches and started digging. Barbara and Shari saw me digging and beating the dirt to death and mercifully came to help me. We made a pretty good team. WE got half of the stream cleaned out. The root base it turns out was about 6 inches deep and spans about 2 feet acrossed. It was so bad that it has pushed past the rock border of the stream and pushed out the stream causing it to leak. It is amazing how much space it really took up. Once we finish the stream I think we will call it good until spring when we can get back in the pond and start pulling out some of the overgrowth there. On a good note though... I thought for sure that I would not even be able to roll out of bed the day after tackling the stream, a lot of bending, digging and heavy lifting. I guess I am not as out of shape as I thought. I was barely sore the next day. I guess all the volleyball I have been playing the last few months has really helped. I am really tired now, and I am sure you are too after reading this epistle. At least it's october and still nice weather!




PS..... Here is a picture of my little garden at the end of July and today. Woo Hoo!!! I didn't kill my plants this year! I even have a little watermelon the size of Kaylie's fist!



2 comments:

Melissa said...

I didnt know about it either. :) Hope is having a family dinner for the baby sometime this month. And it's only about 6 weeks left till he arrives (hopefully not too much late!). will you be here for Christmas?

Lisa Miller said...

You "d" woman!!! Nice work. It sounds tiring just reading about it. Your life sounds like mine - busy! Miss you all!